Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Blues


With the final Christmas decorations safely packed away until next year and almost every last bit of glitter confetti from New Years brushed aside, I am spending my days daydreaming about Summer Living. My enthusiasm for winter lasts roughly for one month, from Thanksgiving to New Years and sometimes I don't even make it all the way to New Years. During this one month period I cram in every ounce of winter fun I can think of, from ice skating, to gingerbread baking, snowflake watching to skiing, Christmas caroling to eggnog drinking. I bring out the festive plaid, the gold and silver, the hats, the gloves, the Uggs...and then suddenly, I'm done, over it as quickly as my dog Oscar is with a new toy. Shocked every morning that it is still cold enough to have to wear my winter coat, I quickly start lusting for days spent driving to the beach, with the convertible overflowing with beach chairs, blankets and coolers filled with Wolfer Rose. I long for sun kissed cheeks, bikini bottoms, the smell of the ocean, suntan lotion and Sen sushi. I fantasize of nights spent grilling fish and watching the sunset, entertaining on the porch with more rose and guacomole, and waking up to the blue hues of the bay. So until then, some inspiration to keep these Winter Blues at bay...


Nothing screams summer like Hydrangeas.



Different shades of blue and a pop of color make for a great summer tables cape

Summer Loving, anyone?
My wedding cake


Shades of Blue at my wedding


Always a good idea
Gibson Beach, Sagaponack

A girl can dream












No comments:

Post a Comment